View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Seiko - I wish somebody had shown me this 7 years ago - I wonder if it would have made a difference.

Thanks

Lynlee
My exact feeling Lynlee. I wish the hospitals would give a brochure on PCS to patients with head mild head injury. The hospital that I went to gave me a list of nasty symptoms to look for...but not a single word about PCS.

I wonder how much money tax payers will save just by taking a week or two off after a head injury.(in reference to the study below)

Scientific studies by neurologists in the Netherlands show that 1 week of relaxing at home and then a week of gradually increasing activity after leaving the hospital is best for most patients. Most of the patients who took this advice were back to normal at work or school in 3 to 4 weeks. Most of the patients who weren't told what to do took 5 to 12 weeks to get back to their normal routine. They also had more post concussion symptoms, especially irritability, trouble concentrating, and memory problems than the patients who returned to their routines gradually.
Have a great weekend!
seiko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote