Old 01-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Sarah

my son has had a lot of success with nutrition(diet changes) and supplements as well as certain herbal preparations and other alternative treatments like acupuncture and resonance biofeedback etc
BUT
classic homeopathy just wasnt a good fit for him...if anything the remedy he was put on is likely what "brought out" his tics so intensely ( I was told that by a very respected Pediatric MD who is also a qualified homeopath after I told her of the agaricus remedy my son had been given by another homeopath when younger, before we had the TS diagnosis

the principle in classic homeopathy is to administer minute doses of substances that in larger amounts would CAUSE the symptoms. Some people seem to be helped tremendously by this. But in my son's case it was likely not a good idea, although at the time we only knew he was having a lot of "issues & habits"...we did not realize he had TS

TS is a complex disorder and many factors contribute to its manifestation as well as to the "comorbid" disorders that often accompany it. Had I known then what I know now, I would not have gone with the homeopathic treatment.
But I do advocate strongly for sensible diet/nutrition and supplements as I truly have seen the difference that has made for my son.

Glad you are seeing improvement in the tics with the allergy treatment

My son has always been far more bothered by his OCD/anxiety etc than by his tics. He has used variety of supplements over the years to help but has found by far the best relief and no side effects with Inositol/B12/P-5-P . He is now 19yo

Have you heard of the Kids Calm magnesium drink? many parents report that it not only helps tics but soothes their little ones at night. My son uses the adult form Natural Calm at night when he feels edgy

also epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) baths or foothbaths can help relax and promote sleep

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-09-2009), who moi (04-16-2009)