View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up IV IG is Great for me!

Hey there! IV IG makes me feel amazing! After my last big dose, I was able to decorate my home for xmas, go on a cruise and host a business party for my hubby...........I felt like normal! The results usually last me about 3-4 weeks, during which I am so happy!

I am now in for the plasma exchange - not as pleasant, but longer lasting effects for me - last time I had it was July 31. Much more invasive, but I am finally starting to feel the effects after only 3 treatments......

Some people have kind of funny responses to IV IG - they just don't tolerate it as well, while others breeze through it - no problem!

I know what you mean about being worried. When I first had my thymectomy, I couldn't be alone @ all....It was miserable! After talking with my GP and neuro I started taking Paxil - it was wonderful!

You may want to ask your docs about it and see what they think......

I don't know about the blood work - cuz' mine was @ 600 when I was admitted!!!!

It does get better! It really does!!!!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpearl View Post
Missy and Erin, I'm glad to hear that you both came through your IVIG ok. I would like to know for how long the effects of having this procedure last, and do you feel almost normal, or are your MG symptoms just more manageable.
I ask this since I've only been diagnosed just a short time now, I have alot to learn. I see my neuro later this month and I am making a list of questions. I tell ya, some days I don't know how to manage. I'm afraid to go anywhere in case I have another crisis. I travel to Florida every March with my husband and friends, and I'm afraid to go. I live in Canada and I don't know if my travel insurance will cover me for a pre-existing condition if I happen to run into trouble. I',m afraid to just go out for an evening with friends, I might choke on my dinner, or worse not be able to breath. This has certainly put a damper on my lifestyle, and I feel like I'm punishing my husband. We went out New Years Eve, I didn't drink, I certainly didn't dance, I'm becoming a real stick in the mud. If you haven't noticed, I'm feeling a little sorry for myself, and I apologize. But to get back to IVIG's. Does your blood work have to be positive to warrant this procedure, my blood work was normal.