View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We have had very few commercials where I am. They just put a scrolling line on all the local stations while the news is on.

There was an article in the paper today that confused me even more than I was already confused! They wrote "if you have a TV (older or digital) hooked up to digital or satellite cable service, you should be set. However some cable and satellite subscribers may need new digital TV equipment to view programming in the digital or high-definition formats". But on the commercials they say if you have cable service, you are all set. Huh?? Sounds like they won't know if viewers will need extra equipment until the switch is actually made.

The article also talked about people who hooked up the converters and even special digital antennas but are not getting the channels clear. Also, some residents outside of the region will not be able to get certain channels because although the digital signal is stronger than analog, it doesn't reach as far.

Sounds like a wait and see approach. If we can't watch TV, that means more family time for movies, books and games!!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-09-2009), Jomar (01-10-2009), SallyC (01-09-2009), yeahbut (01-10-2009)