View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komokazi View Post
BiogenIdec has also instituted weekly reporting of confirmed PML cases on their web site. The status as of 1/09/09 listed the 4 PML cases reported to date so no new PML cases as of today.

Chris
Thanks for that, BTW. They had filed a 8-K report today announcing they were going to do this . . .

Item 8.01. Other Events.

Biogen Idec Inc. (the “Registrant”) will post on its web site after 4:30 p.m. (ET) each Friday information on confirmed cases of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) that have occured in TYSABRI-treated patients since July 2006. This information can be found at www.biogenidec.com/tpme

The first such posting today includes only previously disclosed cases of PML. The Registrant intends to post this information on its website through July 24, 2009, the third anniversary of the reintroduction of TYSABRI into the market.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...3544bie8vk.htm

This is the website to watch, for those who are interested:

http://investor.biogenidec.com/phoen...82&p=irol-TPME

. . . and on it they confirm what I said earlier:

"Cumulatively, in the combined clinical trial and post-marketing settings:

• More than 48,000 patients have been treated with TYSABRI; and
Of those patients, nearly 18,000 have received at least one year of TYSABRI
therapy and approximately 9,500 patients have been on therapy for 18 months or longer. . . ."

Cheri