View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 04:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb various solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbi View Post
I was writing a post in the CP forum and when I clicked on submit, it said I did not have permission and to refresh and sign in.
I was already signed in???
In any case the whole post was lost. Is there a reason for this or is there a glitch?
Thanks
Hi Bubbi ... Oh, I KNOW what that feels like, I really do.

While I could come up with a number of possible reasons, I can't prove anything.

Here are some things which might work in the future to keep you from losing a post.

1) Place your mouse cursor over the page, RIGHT CLICK and select & click on "REFRESH PAGE" - a message will display saying that information will have to be sent again - click to allow this.

2) Place your mouse cursor over the page, RIGHT CLICK and select & click on "BACK". This will bring you back to the previous page and OFTEN what you have typed will still be there in the text editor box.

OR --- Get a Gmail Account and compose your posts in Gmail -- a nifty program that saves your drafts at regular intervals - you can save something you are writing at any particular point in time by saving to draft "to send later"

I hope this never happens to you again, but try these first two things as I have used both of them successfully many times over the years.

Teri
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote