Thread: RSD spread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

So sorry to hear that your RSD has spread. I remember when my RSD spread, I was extremely depressed and it took months for me to be able to even try and do the Physical Therapy that I needed to!!!

I second all of the good advice already given. An old member of the forum, Vicc (who has sadly passed away now), suggested taking Grape Seed Extract to see if that helped any. My mum ordered some capsules off the internet and it didn't really help for me with the pain but it did help a little with the swelling. It might be an idea for you to talk to your Pain Management Doctor about it and see what he/she says however, it doesn't have that many side effects.

It's a good idea also to take Vitamin C. I was told to take it by my Physical Therapist's as they thought that my bones were becoming weaker and weaker and that I was at risk of developing Osteoperosis. I take Vitamin C a lot now ... i'm not sure if it's helping, guess i'll find out if my doctor ever decides to do a bone scan but it does seem to stop my teeth from chipping as easily. Before I started taking the Vitamin C, my teeth would break all the time and I have had to have some pretty nasty dental work done because of it (teeth taken out, need a root canal, fillings etc).

Also, please make sure you keep moving the affected legs!! That is sooo important! I tried my very best to move my leg but I developed Dystonia so no matter how much I tried to move my leg and arm, it just wouldn't move!

Take care and hang in there - you are in my thoughts and if you ever need anyone to talk to, please let me know as I know how scary it is dealing with a spread of the RSD.