Thread: What can we do?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 04:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

John Lester was asked to start Braintalk by his boss at MGH and it grew into what it was by the fact it was unique and the only one available for the neurological community.

There were no moderators and when asked if they were needed and wanted a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon and bellowed yes.

So moderators they got and the fun ended and the troubles began. They were volunteers from the site and you could sit back and see who they were and what they were about and as moderators they were a weird group. So some left and some remained and formed their own little clique. then they began to find it hard to be quiet and not let people know who they were . they lost their anonymity as moderators and also lost their ability to be members at large.

So they were stuck in a quandary and lo and behold one member stood out from the rest in his flattery and gratuitous attitude and writings to John and you could see where that was heading. Well lo and behold he soon turned into an 'administer' of all things.

That then was the ending of Braintalk as we had all known it. it became a dictatorship and all contact with John was lost to anyone who dared to voice a nay.

It began with just authoritarian notices and then closing of posts and when that didn't suffice this mans ego the banning began.

Then it was shut up and say yes mam and yes sir or leave. I chose to stay but it didn't do me any good.

They tore down the Berlin wall to illustrat4e freedom and now are building a wall between the United States and Mexico but the wall between the members and their friends on Braintalk was the interim project.

Then John took on the task of bringing people who have Aspergers and Cerebral Palsy into the main fold of the WWW and it has garnered the majority his attention and time. Don't get me wrong that project is the utmost admirable thing that Braintalk brought about.

But the members were left in the hands of a fanatic.

Now John has put in another 'administer' in our very own Mike Weins and while he seems to be more approachable I can't believe he will be effective unless he has John's authority over David.

That will be interesting to watch and see.

I have completely gone off the main subject here of winning new members to this community. It is not right to go to other sites and entice them away so where do we go for new members.

We have to devise a method or plan to bring them in.

Please give me some ideas. Cals and pals only please as this is their site and they are the ones to decide.

I am just offering to help them in whatever they want to do.

Won't be back for a few days as I am going to be out of town but I will return Monday night for the hundreds and hundreds of answers this brings. lol

Here ils one thought what if we have an ebay sale for Alstdf
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote