Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb02 View Post
I appreciate all of the advice.

Since I live alone and do not feel like I can ask someone to hang out with me all day just in case I have a reaction, I have not tried it. My friends are barely tolerant of my ms now. They would think I am crazy.

I did cut it in 4 quarters today, but then I reread the phamplet and chickened out. I have high blood pressure (take meds for it) and I am not sure provigil is for me. I have decided to give acetyl l carnitine a try for a week or so.
I used Carnitor for a while too, Barb, and it did help with my stamina (mostly muscular/strength). What it did to my bowels is another story , but I also have Ulcerative Colitis so that probably didn't help matters. Again, start at 1/3 the recommended dosage ... for several days.

I don't think it can hurt you since it's natural, isn't it? . . . but I would still start out slower than the normal daily recommended dosage.

I have actually sat in my doctors waiting room while I tried new meds. I know that sounds extreme, but for people who have problems with meds, I think it is understandable.

I would think if you are going to have a reaction, it would happen within a few hours . . .

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-13-2009)