View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee766 View Post
Does anyone have any information on how safe they are together? I've been taking neurontin for the last couple years for nerve damage & spasms. I have type 2 diabetes and in the last month have started experiencing burning/stabbing/shooting pains in my feet that keep me from sleeping and have now started hurting during the day as well. Sometimes the pain is unbearable and narcotics, nsaids, etc have no effect on it. Lyrica has been suggested. I've been successfully losing weight recently and don't want to regain it but at this point almost any side effect would be worth easing this pain. I feel like I'm walking on broken glass, my feet are on fire and being shocked all at the same time. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I agree with Bob: taking both together is a non-starter.

But what should be done in the event that your dosage no longer is efficacious for treating your symptoms is, obviously, to increase your levels before stopping either drug.

The max level for either is higher than what most doctor's will say it is. For Lyrica, the max dose is often stated to be 600 mg, but my doctor prescribes up to and over 900 mg, safely, to many.

If one drug isn't working, try another. Short of those on a chosen religious journey, which I assume you're not, pain is good for no one.
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote