View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
Hi Tommywrestler, I also suffered from dizziness for a long time after a concussion from an accident in May 07. If you can stand any more advice from a mother - relax. Your brain is probably okay by now. I am wondering if you have the same problems as I had, and still have to some degree, namely damage to your muscles. Can you feel your muscles tighten around your head or in the upper shoulder/neck region when you get tense and worry or when using the computer for some time? Do you feel more dizzy after exercises that jiggle your head around? Do you feel better when doing something fun and relaxing? You said that the Xantax helps you feel better and I think it is because it relaxes you. So what I learned is that when muscles around the head, neck and upper back tighten they trap nerves and bloodvessels and that can cause headaches and dizziness.

Overall, I am doing great now after going to a chiropractor for several months where they did some therapy with electric stimmulation and ultasound the get my muscles (mainly the trapezius) to relax and I am still taking a low dose of Elavil (it's an antidepressant that helps me to relax and sleep well at night. But now I have a new problem with my right shoulder - overuse injury from a paddling a canoo for 4-5 hours last July. So anyway, I was trying to do some exercises for my shoulder for the last couple of weeks and sure enough I was feeling more dizzy again. I think I was aggrevating the muscles at the back of my head again.

Also, about feeling more tired - it' normal. My 24 year-old son is living with us right now and looking for a job and he gets tired after spending a lot of time on his computer. Reading books is tiring too. I love to read and it makes me drowsy, just take breaks and move around some.

You probably know personal trainers and coaches who could help you find some exercises and stretches to do. Wrestling might not be the best thing for you at this time. Hope this helps!
Definately helpful and yea i never really thought about it but when my wife massages my back or neck everything starts to feel somewhat better and yea the Xanax i too believe helps the anxiey that i have gotten through dealing with this stuff also rubbing of the head helps alot i never thought of muscles and things of that nature thank you
tommywrestler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote