View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rheumatologist Appointment

So I am back from a follow up with my Rheumatologist. A few weeks back he ordered a bone scan an it came back as showing inflammatory arthritis in my Right Knee.

He also did some quick testing and determined that I have Fibromyalgia.

Wanted to start me on Anti-depressants but I said no. I've been that route before and do not want them again.
So he gave me an Rx for Flexeril in addition to my other meds (Oxycontin & Oxycodone IR ) and wants to see me back in six weeks. I did mention that Flexeril used to work but then just stopped and it no longer affects me but he gave it to me anyways.

He also thought I should see a psychiatrist for help with the Anxiety and panic attacks. I am still debating on whether or not I will. Not to offend anyone but I personally don't agree with them.

I also showed him a copy of my blood test results that showed weak positives for Lyme Disease and he basically laughed at them. Told me a whole bunch of things about IgeneX. He told me that these tests a not run by Medical doctors and that my Indeterminate results meant that I do not have lyme.

With all the symptoms I have and now the confrimation of arthritis in my knees Lyme makes more and more sense. The pieces of the puzzle fit perfectly.

I will see a LLMD on 12/12 it was supposed to be on 12/5 but it was rescheduled. I do hope he will help and agree this is Lyme but what I really want is one of my regular doctors to agree so i can get insurance (medicare) to pay for the treatment. If they don't there is simply no way I can aforrd it, NONE !!! PERIOD, END OF STORY !!

Last edited by Quahog; 12-02-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Quahog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote