View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejr88rulesall View Post
Hi my name is Kim and I'm not sure where to start on this website. I also have RSD mine started in my left leg and is now through my whole body. I have 2 implanted electric stimulators and have 3 more to go yet. I know the pain your talking about and would like to see if anyone here can help me on some information to help me out with all this. I hope I can also help some of you out on any questions you have. Thanks an I hope to talk to you all soon.
Kim
Hi Kim!! You have found a wonderful forum here with lots of intelligent, caring, informed people! My suggestion would be to start a new thread and ask away with any questions you may have. More people reply to new threads than they bother to check the older ones (unless they've subscribed to it and get updates to their regular email as I do). I've only had RSD for 5 weeks or so, so I am new to all of this. I am still in the sympathetic nerve block stage, so haven't had any stimulators or any other radical pain relief measures taken.

Again, everyone here is willing to help, LOVES to respond and reach out to "newbies", and is genuinely caring. I look at us all as a "team". How long have you had your RSD??? Mine, too, started in my left ankle as a result of surgery. Are they implanting so many stimulators to try to reach all four body quadrants?? Are the ones you already have helping to manage your pain??? Many of the members here also have it full body, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of info and support from them.

Try posting a new thread (if you have trouble doing that, let me know.....I'll be up for a while) and ask any questions you may have. It may take until tomorrow to get a lot of responses, but several of the members are on the West Coast so may still be up and on line.

Best wishes to you and welcome!!! I'm so sorry you understand the pain I/we experience, but I am genuinely glad you found this forum to help you get questions answered and support (and no, I don't get any kickbacks for saying that!! ). Hope to talk to you soon!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote