View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Barb02,
I have used Provigil in the past, for years. I am med sensitive too or allergic to others. This drug did not happen to bother me.

I took 100 mg in the morning before work with my breakfast. Then as I got used to it, I took 200 mg in the am and another 100 mg in the afternoon so I could be awake driving home.

It does not cure fatigue, it only keeps you awake. My daily amount was 300 mg. Some take 400 mg but they say 400 mg is not more effective than 300 mg.

I have taken it and then took a nap when I got home, so who knows.

So I have been as high as 300 mg as my body got so used to it. It stopped working unless I stopped it on the weekends and started it again on Monday, like Wiz sort of does.

It seemed to need a little time in between to start working again, I don't know why. Then I went on disability and had the benefit to nap during the day.

My friend has Narcolepsy and gets sick when she takes it. She had to switch to something else. It is meant for those with Narcolepsy but is use off-label for MS and other ailments.

I was told that soldiers in Iraq are prescribed this drug to keep them awake and alert, while on duty, laying in the dark fields for hours.

This is just my experience with the drug. We are all unique so you have to do what you think is best.

I have gone to the doctors office and taken my new drug while sitting there, just in case, like Cherie said she does. They don't mind. Especially anti-B's.
Lady

Last edited by Lady; 01-11-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-13-2009)