View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 01:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thank you everett

for your advice. I really appreciate it. In my opinion this surgery is very necesarry, one can only stand so much pain and I have tried every other option available to man. As to anxiety, I have had alot of surgeries unfortunatelly, but never when I had pd. I am always anxious before surgery but it hasn't been unbearable. If anything, I am pretty depressed, feel like my body is just falling apart.
I am pretty lax on taking my meds - I take them3 times a day, but give or take 2 hrs or more sometimes and hasn't been too bad. I will break out into a sweat and get nervous if I am too late or miss a dose.
Another thing that worries me is the pain. I have been on and off vicodin for a long time and it just barely cuts the pain. I have become pretty immune to the pain relieving benefits of pain meds. My doctor has assured me the pain will be taken care of. My last surgery was on my knee and it hurt like he*%, the pain meds didn't evey touch it.
I just hope I fully recover and am no worse off than I was mentally and physically with my pd.
Reading back over my post, I guess I am just a little anxious. I pray everything goes well.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote