View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Gary. Sorry you have had a tough summer. I can sympathize about the kids going away to college; I revel in summertime and weekends when my son is home and I can send him to do all the errands, all the shopping, etc. I know that doesn't compare with needing hay baled and potatoes dug...

In my younger days I could lift hay bales and harvest corn on my grandfather's farm, but can't help you now. Having the kids go away is good and not-good; but you know what they say--you can't keep 'em down on the farm, and having a doctor in the family WILL be nice!

Best of luck with your medical problems. What a bummer to get hit with all that at once.

To everyone--I have a question: where IS everyone else?? Did all the rest of the forum folks just throw in the towel and stop trying to find a new home? They've got to be out there, but I can't imagine how discouraged and awful many of them must feel.

I never tried the chat rooms; are the folks there? That gathering of people can't simply disappear. I am horrified at how cavalierly that has been allowed to happen, with lack of regular updates that could keep people encouraged or direct them to an alternate lifeline.

Nancy
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote