View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So cool that he's found fishing..

Donovan could care less about fishing buuut...loves the water and the woods. So, I have ideas of helping him find his way to more lifelong involvement in outdoor conservation. Our state conservation department offers a lot of nice educational materials free to educators and youth leaders that we use in our homeschooling endeavors. Then also they have a program called 'Stream Teams' where families, groups, organizations, join up as a group and work to monitor stream/habitat quality and clean up a certain stream. I want to get my son to the point where he can be involved in this...since he spends so much time knee deep in our beautiful streams and loves it so. Seems right up his alley. They also train people to be naturalists for both volunteering wtih the state parks system and potentially as employees. I SO want to do that, myself. And they have a Kids' Fishing campaign/program that encourages kids to fish and teaches environmentally friendly fishing skills.

So...why did I tell you all of that? Because I'm wondering if you looked into it if you might find that your state conservation department also has similar programs that you all could become involved in? WOuldn't it be cool?

Vincent...i just LOVE ya kid! you are terrific!

anyway. I'm wondering
Mother's Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote