View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for posting this, Cherie.

I couldn't determine if I had chills or shock when reading it. Definitely sadness. I cannot even begin to fathom how someone would feel to hear that they no longer had MS - or rather, that they never had it. Of course, as the neuro states in the article, none of this changes the person's actual physical health. Though, in the case of that one woman, when she stopped copaxone, she felt better. No word though, however, how her health truly is now - and if she is just "better" all around.

It all just reminded me of when I went to Hopkins last June. When the doctor first walked in the room and asked me what he could do for me - my response was "Tell me that I don't have MS" - to which he responded that I did, in fact, have MS.

I was diagnosed solely from one physical exam and MRI results....all done the day I met with the neurologist for the first time - which was all within two weeks of noticing any symptoms. When I started learning about MS (within a day of the diagnosis), I learned that this was more uncommon and was always worried and questioned this - why didn't I have any of the myriad of tests out there? I think I always silently thought that it must be a mistake...and that one day I would wake up and this nightmare would be over.

One year and a few days later, I'm still waiting for that day...

~Keri
RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lady_express_44 (01-12-2009), weegot5kiz (01-11-2009)