Thread: System Restore
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also like some of the NSW features, Dorry. Actually, the same one you like . I used to run two AV apps. - as a layered approach; some say that that can't be done. I found it can, only Norton as to be installed in a certain sequence; I can't remember whether it's before or after another AV app.

These days, though, I use individual AV tools as they are released by Bit Defender in addition to running Norton "full-time."

Years ago, on an older computer, a colleague accidentally tranferred a virus to it. He continuously assured that he didn't and had no virus on his machine. Well, as it turned out he had a host of viruses that Norton didn't detect when run internally. It was only by using Symantec's online "security check" that the viruses were picked up.

As I'm sure you know as well: No AV is 100 percent fail proof. Still, Norton does a fair job.

One good thing came from this recent prob.: I learned how to fix it and was able to share it. Soooo, if anyone else encounters the same, well, no one will be doling out such a costly amt. to remedy it .
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote