View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
I've never had a spinal MRI. I was just curious what you dr had said. It would be nice if they all had the same (correct) info.

My headaches have been such a mystery for over 30 years. Each doctor I went to would say something different. Meanwhile I still have them. But they do seem to get much worse when my ms symptoms are acting up.

Thanks.
If you want my honest opinion, yes headache/migraine CAN be a part of MS. They can exist independently, however my MS is almost completely sensory, and when I'm in pain it's not below my neck. It's head pain.

I thought it was migraine or headache for so long, and then wondered why it was that taking huge amounts of OTC medications wasn't helping, and the pain would increase as the day dragged on.

Once I was diagnosed with MS, the 2 years of headache/migraine misery disappeared after the steroid treatments. Hrm, interesting.... my last relapse, the head pains returned.

I have head pains now again. I have to take Clonazepam to cut through the pain I have. It does help however, where OTC drugs (Tylenol and Advil for example) didn't do anything to help.

So yes, I do think that headache/migraine can be related to MS, and I'm walking breathing proof of it
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seara (01-12-2009), weegot5kiz (01-12-2009)