View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy So Sorry

Dearest Suzanne,
I'm so very sorry this is happening to you and your husband. It's just heartbreaking.
I don't know about liver failure but my Mother had pancreatic cancer and her liver eventually failed. My Father had already passed four years before, so I promised him that I would take care of my Mother and I fullfilled that promise. I moved in with her when she became too sick to take care of herself.
I honestly don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been for Hospice. They stay in constant contact with the Doctor who is taking care of them, so they are able to dispense pain medicine or anything of that nature to help ease their pain.
My Mother's worst fears were that I wouldn't be able to handle it after she was gone and I had to reassure her daily that I would be OK and it was OK for her to go. Although, at the time, I really didn't feel that was true as I didn't think I would be OK if she left me. I had to say it for her sake and peace of mind.
In the end, she went into a coma. I still talked to her as if she could hear me. I honestly know that she did hear me because I told her to give my Dad a kiss when she saw him and she actually smiled. So, that was when I knew she could hear.
Suzanne, I wish you didn't have to go through this. I wish there was something I could do to help you.
Please take care of you through all of this. We sometimes neglect ourselves as all our thoughts are with our loved ones, but we shouldn't forget about us.
I wish you and your husband love and peace through all of this. Just come on here any chance you get to talk about it. I found the more I was able to talk, the better I became.
If there is anything I can do, let me know,
Thinking of you,
Linda
Boopers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote