Thread: Family Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

WOW, I don't quite know what to say other than I am soo sorry!!!

I just can't believe that your family could be so cruel and just laugh at you when you fell - that is so not right and they should know better!! I couldn't and wouldn't just laugh at someone for falling over, especially if it was someone in my family!

I don't have MS but I do have a condition that is pretty similar in many ways. I tend to fall quite a lot also and my dad doesn't know much about what is the matter with me and sometimes he laughs and it REALLY annoys me and makes me feel like he doesn't care but usually, my mum says something to him and he will eventually apologize and say he didn't realise how bad that made me feel. My dad once told me that he thinks he is trying to "help" make me feel better after I have fallen by laughing and making light of it - I couldn't believe it when he said that and I was SO mad!! I told my mum what my dad said and she was so annoyed and had an argument with him and said that it was no laughing matter and was very serious.

My dad just doesn't understand what is the matter with me and I honestly don't think he ever will. He has only been to 3 hospital appointments with me and refuses to come and see my doctor as he says it hurts him too much seeing me suffer like this at my age (13) - I wish he would realise how he makes me feel by not coming and stop burying his head under the sand like an ostrich!!

I honestly can't believe that your family could be so cruel and do that to you - that is just soo wrong in many ways!! I can't imagine how you must feel at the moment!

If I was you, I wouldn't call your family and apologize because NON of what happened is your fault and they should realise that they are in the wrong and do something about it!! If you are having quite a lot of pain from the fall, I would call your relatives and say that you are hurting a lot and that you don't know what to do - my doctor told me to say that to my relatives as sometimes it can make them understand!

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that! If you ever need someone to talk to, please know that I am here for you because I DO understand!
Jappy (01-13-2009), woodhaven (01-12-2009)