View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I believe that there is.

I discovered my iron problem about a year ago. Hevay periods the last couple of years probably from perimenopause and hypothyroidism once I went off the birth control pills.

I also learned that iron is needed in thyroid synthesis as well so no wonder I had a problem. And brith control pills tend to make you more iron deficient even though you don't have heavy periods when on them the estrogen affects absorption.

Besides finally having a doc that recognized it as a problem I notice several symptoms when my iron is low that I have including a frontal headache which I just thought were mentrual migraines but now make sense.

Restless legs are connected to low iron as well and neuropathy type symptoms (tingling numbness). Also shortness of breath and palpitations (although my palpitations could also be connected to thryoid problems)

I tried all the over the counter iron supplements I could find but all gae me gastro upset.

Finally after doing research I found a new prescription once a day iron pill called Repliva. It is great and has really made me feel much better and gotten me back to semi normal.

Any here is a link to a post I wrote on iron deficiency anemia.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ron+deficiency

Last edited by watsonsh; 01-12-2009 at 10:18 PM.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
amit (01-13-2009), Leslie (01-12-2009)