Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
Hi Laura,
Where on your head do you feel the head pain? Just curious. I get it on the very top at times, or sometimes in the back of the middle of my head, where the two low skull bones are (and glands under them). It may include the back of my neck (brainstem area) in the mix.

It worsens with a relapse and steroids help after a month. Clonazepam daily helps when it is not too bad.

I always have sinus headaches when they are bothered by infection and twice a year a Migraine that puts me to bed in the dark.

There are so many kinds. Which do you have if I might ask?
Lady

My head pain most of the time, extends from the top of my skull on the left side, down to my temple (left side) and under my left eye. It can also involve my top row of teeth on the left. I also get similar pain on the right, just not as frequently and it seems to center around the ear and outwards into the temple/eye area.

The left side is definitely the most problematic. I almost never have pain in my forehead. I had a 'true' headache recently and was almost surprised to feel what a true headache feels like... this is quite different.

My dentist diagnosed Trigeminal Neuralgia and I'm certain I had attacks of the 'classic' type years back. Now what I think I'm dealing with (and my neuro agrees) is Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I'm affected by this type of head pain almost daily. To differing degrees. Since I quit smoking in September, I've been in pain with the head. But at the end of the day, I quit smoking, so I can suck up the head pains and eventually my body will untangle itself
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote