View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 01:51 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Curcumin

Rick,
Be careful you are blaming the right thing for your relapse, the cause could be any number of other changes you have made to your regime. As you know, I have been taking curcumin for years, even before you started. I never experienced your relapse, and have only found benefit. There are quite a few others who have started curcumin and only found benefit. I had a breath test recently for HP, and it was negative. Only an endoscopy and a very accurate test to detect traces of HP, showed I still had traces of HP.
HP is a nasty bacteria, that you are as well rid of. It can cause ulcers and cancer. There are many scientific papers which show curcumin can kill HP. None of them mention the effects you experienced. My wife recently started taking curcumin, and did not experience any ill effects.
Curcumin is high in the diet of the Indian population, in curries. There, the incidence of PD is 14 per 100,000 population. This compares with 280 per 100,000 in the USA. Do people have your sort of relapse every time they have a curry??? Curries are laced with a high level of curcumin. It would be interesting to compare the incidence of stomach ulcers and cancers too.
I am not saying you are wrong in your assumption that curcumin caused your problems, I can not prove with certainty what caused it. Only be cautious in creating red alerts. It may persuade people to drop a treatment which is giving them benefit. The difference could be that I, (and many others)take curcumin in capsule form, you take powder. However, I doubt if this is the cause, or presumably a strong curry would give your problems.
Ron
Ron.
Ronhutton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote