View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I have noticed when I'm in a store and it's really crowded and loud (like shopping two days before Christmas in a popular store when there's a big sale on) I cant handle all the noise and people. I start feeling like my skin is crawling and really anxious. I get a little bit of shopping cart rage if people crowd me too much too. I try not to shop when it's busy like that. Freaks me out.

Me, too. I get panicky if I feel like I can't get to the exit fast enough! I've gotten to where I rarely ever go into the grocery store or any other type of store for that matter on the weekend or in the evenings. Too many people there during those times. I go during the day (preferably mornings) throughout the week.

One thing I have never understood is the desire to bring the entire family (spouse and kids) along to grocery shop. Even when my kids were young I went alone. I enjoyed the time by myself and didn't have to battle with them over things I wasn't going to buy. I understand some people can't do this and I sympathize with them....it's tough to shop with kids.....but these families of five and six who try to shop together on a weekend....I just don't get it. Maybe that's the only time they get to be together.....so that I understand. I just know I personally couldn't do it.

I don't shop at Kroger anymore due to the loud music they insist on playing. It's so loud that I can't concentrate on what I've come to buy. Publix is much quieter and they don't blast the music....in fact, I don't even recall there being any music. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm there.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (01-14-2009)