View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Anna: Liz is right. Home schooling may be just the thing to help you. I had home schooling in fourth and eighth grades due to severe asthma and it worked out well. I had classes three times a week if I remember correctly. It is so much easier when you are the only student. I am talking about teachers actually coming to the house to teach you, not being taught by your parents. I think if your parents tried to teach you it may cause you more stress. Perhaps if your doctor recommeded home school for you, your school district would send a teacher to your home. It is worth a try.

I don't think it is fair to you to force you to attend school when you are sick. Sometimes rules are so silly and serve no purpose. I never once had a gym class while in school but in high school I had to put on a gym suit and watch the other girls have gym and then get dressed again when their class was over. If they were outside, I sat in the bleachers and shivered. Of course I got sick. To make matters worse, in senior high I was shocked to get a "D" on my report card for gym. I was told they couldn't fail me with an "E" so I got a "D". They wouldn't let me take another class instead of gym, either. Sheesh!! Regards, Lil
Diamond Lil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote