View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

well we got home tonight. the poor guy... it took 7 pokes to get the iv in him to sedate him. i was in there holding his hand and rubbing his head and he just kept crying and yelling no more shots, no more needles... i want to go hommmmmmmmmmmmmmmme.. am i donnnnnnnnnnnnnne...

sedating and prepping him took longer than the actually surgery. i was in there til they got him to sleep then i went out to the waiting room. i sat down and was sitting maybe 10 minutes [ it seemed] and they said noah's done and they will be getting you in a few minutes... . he was soooooooooo dopey.. lol we had told him when prepping him that he would be done after he has a little dream.. it was so short i dont think he had time to dream. lol his mouth is still puffy.

i stayed in roseville today also [thursday] and might keep him home tomorrow. he cant eat regular food yet so he wont be able to eat cafeteria food and i dont want him at school playing recess or p.e. and get hit in the face with a ball.

the 'tube' is totally different than adam's was. adam's was an actual tube that was put where they pulled a tooth. noah's is just a floopy piece of rubber like a latex glove and held in with stitches in front of the jaw bone. i dont see being able to stick a syringe in that thing. i just had him swish his mouth out with salt water and i squirted water around the tube and stitches with salt water tonight.

anyway.. i pray the tube stays in.. if it comes out, we go back to have another one inserted by local.. it will have to stay in place for about 6 months i think.

thanks for the prayers.
gina marie and noah
Adam - BCCNS, Adhd, Chiari Malformation,PDD-NOS
Noah- BCCNS, Adhd, Chiari Malformation, Bronchial Stenosis, Asthma
Thank you Jesus!! He walks with us thru all of this because he will never leave us nor forsake us!! He is my BESTEST friend!!!

GinaMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote