View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't have MS but do have a condition that is similar in many ways and my nanan had Progressive MS.

My nanans feet used to swell up all the time. When it first happened, my mum was very concerned as she had never seen anything like it before and my nanan couldn't communicate to tell us if she had hurt herself. My mum and grandad spoke to my nanans Neurologist and he said that unfortunately, it was a symptom of MS but to be certain, he did some tests. Most of the tests cane back normal which confirmed it was the MS.

My feet swell quite a lot also. When my foot and calf first swelt up, my doctor was very concerned and run lots of tests to rule out blood clots. The tests came back ok and my doctor said it was from my illness.

I would definitely take the advice your wife gave you and speak to your doctor as it is better to be safe rather than sorry. If you have any abnormal bruising, please go to the ER immediately!! It is REALLY important with swollen ankles that you get checked out for liver and heart problems ... when my ankle first swelt up, my doctor did liver and heart tests immediately and they came back negative but I always feel it is better to be on the safe side.

I hope you get some answers soon and please keep us all updated when you can!!!

Last edited by ali12; 01-13-2009 at 09:39 AM.
ali12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote