View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Hi Linda,

Thank you for sharing about your suicidal struggles. I agree with you that it's probably a "gene thing" and maybe someday they'll figure it all out. I do think that there's a bi polar, alchohol, depression connection. To the best of my knowledge no one in our family had ever killed themselves before my son succeeded at it. I have had those thoughts off and on for most of my life but only articulated them after losing him.

I remember hearing about my grandpa, who died when I was a baby, being an "odd" man. I hear about him going upstairs and slamming the door if anyone came to visit. He'd stay up there until they left. Maybe he just didn't like people, or maybe he had bi polar disorder. (you know you search for information when your children suffer from it)

Our son Michael, was a juvenile probation officer and had a gun because he'd go out in bad neighborhoods at night to check on his "kids". If only that gun had not been right there when he was alone and had some brandy I feel like he'd be alive today. His impulsive act changed all of our lives.

Please, have no guns in your home....ever!

I'll pray for your family and my heart goes out to you Linda. We are here for you.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-28-2009), doxiemama (08-29-2009), GmaSue (08-28-2009), mistiis (10-08-2008), Nik-key (08-28-2009), wishnomore (04-11-2011)