View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 02:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Fishnchef,

BTW - My husband is a chef. We were in the restaurant business until just a few years ago, he now works as foodservice director for a rehab/nursing home facility that allows him to be home nights and weekends. It's a long story on how he got from serving fine food to not so fine food, but it's a good thing that he made the move because I got sick a year later. We'd be in big trouble if he was still waorking 70 hours a week and wasn't around to take care of the household.

Anyway - I am in the same boat as you with the attorney thing - I need to find a new one. The people I am working with now are just plain nasty. I think they were looking for the quick pay-off, and now that this has dragged out a while they want out. I need to make phone calls and find new representation, but I work all day and can't sit on the phone and talk about this stuff (no one at work really knows that I am sick).

Guys that are golf buddies probably don't want to create the appearance of taking business from each other, which might explain how some of the lawyers you have called seem unwilling to take your case. Plus, we are high maintenance. Meds, doctors, PT, etc. These guys probably like the nice quick jobs that don't generate a lot of overhead expenses for their firms and pay out nicely. That's not us.

Good luck, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fishnchef (01-14-2009)