Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't know how to say this...

It says 70 because that is the temp of your apartment.

Did you buy it in the cooking section of the store?
To Mrs. D and Soxmom

There is no cooking department in any stores that I go to. I went to various hardware stores and they sold some mini thing that I would need a MAGNIFYING GLASS to read.

So I waited until I walked to 86th street and there's a big store called PC GRAND.

They have everything.

So, in the aisle where they have spatulas, and wooden spoons and jars, (I bought some spatulas and new wooden spoons because god knows how old my wooden spoons are).

So that's where I bought the thermometer. There were various kinds. Some said "meat thermometer", some said candy thermometers, but this one, well I could read the temperature and it was only $3.99.

And the reason I asked about why whether or not it had to go back to zero......YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THIS EXPLANATION.

I have never used any thermometer to cook anything in my life.

I know about thermometers that you stick in your mouth, and I know about thermometers that, when hung on my wall, well, it gives the temperature of my apartment ..WHICH IS 70 DEGREES BY THE WAY.

I figured that cooking thermometers HAD TO BE INSERTED IN FOOD to register the temperature.

Now that I have all of you laughing your heads off, be assured, I NOW KNOW ABOUT COOKING THERMOMETERS.

I shall make a video when I make my yogurt.

That should really have all of you laughing your heads off!!!

lol

later, dudes!!! or dudettes

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (01-13-2009), Ivy2 (01-15-2009), Jomar (01-13-2009), Lara (01-13-2009), SandyC (01-13-2009), soxmom (01-13-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-13-2009)