Thread: Lido Drip
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Guys!
Umm..I don't know why lido makes you sleepy, but it does when it's an infusion. I don't have that same effect when it's a shot in the head. Weird eh?

I am trying to figure out HOW if I end up having lido infusions regularly where I go in to the hospital to get it put in and then go home, HOW I will make it home. I won't be able to drive because it makes me sleepy and dizzy and I would probably have to take the bus and the train (2 busses and a train switch part way to another line) without fallin gasleep, getting dizzy or getting disoriented. The hospital is across the river and when I would get off the bus, I would have to walk about a block to the hospital. Can't ya just see me?

DH works and would not be available to drive me weekly (if that's how often I would need to go-I have no idea) and any of my friends who drive all work f/t. So yeah, it's a bit of a puzzle how this would work....a cab would be $60-$70-ish each way so that's not an option.

I suppose I should cross that bridge (literally! Ha!) when I come to it.

Burntmarshmallow Destiny got an INFECTION!?!? YIKES! That's VERY scary! I will keep her in my prayers. That is one thing I've thought about because for me, it would be disasterous-I am allergic to everything but Cipro so I could NOT get an infection. Also, with having MS and taking meds to stomp down my immune system, I would have to be so very careful.

I think you are right-doing surgery during the most germy part of the year seems foolish. But I am also wondering if she was exposed once she got home-like did she have lots of people popping by to visit and maybe that's what happened? I suppose her exposure could have come from anywhere, really. Hospitals are the best place to get sick.

Thanks for all the kind words and checking in. SO appreciated girls. You guys are very sweet.
prairiegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-14-2009), EE03 (01-15-2009)