View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Awarded - but now worried!

I received a phone call from the local ss dept today - the lady that had originally taken my disability application - and she stated I had been awarded! This was fantastic news. I applied in August 08. My husband came home and asked me questions about it - and now he has me worried. Do they normally call and notifiy of the award by phone call? She stated who she was, but had me verify my name, date of birth and ss#. This is what worries my hubby. She also in the conversation, asked for my drivers lic#. She at no time asked for my banking info- I had set that up for direct deposit. She stated the letter would follow within 30 days, took my daughters ss # also that is a minor. Also asked if I had any felonies, etc. Does this sound out of normal procedure? Hubby was just worried this was so fast, that maybe this could be a fraud call. But she seemed to know alot without me asking..... Maybe we are just too used to things not going right. Whats your thoughts please - ease my mind? Or should I just call her tomorrow to verify (hate to sound really stupid calling.....) Thanks.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote