Thread: Homeopathy
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 06:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lara

Matthew's 'tics' started with eye blinking which was more than the average person so it was noticable. Then the eye blinking progressively got worse over a few weeks until he was blinking severely ie 50 or so times a minute. Then he staretd to nod his head and pull funny shapes with his mouth, like facial grimacing. His mood was also not good and he had ADHD. He was not diagnosed with Tourette's as I managed to cut the tics out after a few months with dietary changes via identified food intolerances/environmental intolerances. These were primarily dairy, gluten, corn, chlorine, dust mites (and others). We 'eliminated' the intolerances one by one at the allergy clinic (including intolerance to some vitamins/minerals which he was probably not absorbing properly as a result of the intolerances). I wonder what caused all this and put it down to anti-boitics, steriod med he took for croup and some heavy metals in his system (Caused by vaccinations/environment/renovations?). Also his father has had many food allergies too.

The allergy elimination changed our life and made it so much better.. When I posted this post Matthew's behaviour was not great but I found out earlier this week that he was intolerant to seeds (via doing a food diary and then going to have the kineasiology type testing done at the allergy clinic which confirmed it). Once the allergy clinic massaged Matthew back to eliminate the intolerance his behaviour is 100 times better - now just normal 3 year old behaviour!

Hope this post can help someone else reduce/eliminate tics and the behavour that seems to go hand it hand.

Chemar - thanks for your post too! I have some epsom salts which l use and they do sooth him

kind regards
Sarah
SarahP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (01-15-2009), who moi (04-16-2009)