View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I don't have an SCS but I do have several friends on this forum and others that might be able to help answer some of your questions.

Please do a LOT of research before getting the SCS - I have spoken to many people who it has made better and others that say that the SCS was the worst decision they ever made and it made there RSD spread. One of my friends had an SCS implated and her RSD went full-body within a matter of weeks. Everyone reacts differently though - if you are considering getting the SCS, I would suggest getting the trial first as that will probably tell you whether or not the implant will work.

We did look into the SCS for me however over here in the UK, they only implant an SCS as a last resort. My Doctor has never implated an SCS in a child before either as he say's it is too dangerous as your body is still growing at my age.

I also get the deep bone ache - I spoke to my doctor about it and he said it was from the RSD. When I first got it, I thought I had fractured my ankle but my doctor re-assured me that I hadn't and that it was a symptom of RSD. I was put on Baclofen as it is supposed to help with the aching pain as well as the muscle spasms but it didn't help in my case.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get some relief soon!