View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We are at a balmy -8 right now, with the wind a-whippin'. The forecast is for wind chill today around -30, and also tomorrow. Tonight the actual temperature is expected to be around -25.

THINK about this, Kelly, when you say you'd like to live up here! Actually, the coldest I've ever been in my life was when I lived in Boston, back in the day. I was colder than I'd EVER been in Vermont and New Hampshire. That wind off the water...BRRRR!

I'm headed off pretty soon to walk over to the store and post office (it's less than 1/4 mile). I have sweats, turtleneck, heavy socks, boots, gloves, turtle fur hat, scarf to put around my face, and a long quilted down coat (it's brown--think ewok).

At least it's pretty much too cold to be slippery. And it doesn't usually last more than a few days. AND I could always stay in if I had to.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-14-2009), FranksAngel (01-14-2009), PolarExpress (01-14-2009), weegot5kiz (01-14-2009)