View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJAMES View Post
Never got headaches until I injured my Right Shoulder severely on duty---I had my operation on it Jan 22 2008----It of course is comp---So PT ans most every other help was shoved to the back and Not done-----

The headaches stated after the injury-----What did my Doctor do----Well I think I have been stuck with the worst Docs----He has left me without any pain meds twice---I had to go to the ER those times---He gave me generic Fioraciette--I told him I dislike it---He has done nothing-----I had 2 MRI's shown---Well its called--White spot---Demyelination---something like that-----Lesions etc------Sometime- Nothing works-----And it lasts for days-----Let me describe the last one----I could see a line at times-----Almost like a piece of hair under a microscope----My left ice hut so bad---Imagine there is a cord connected to the eye and it is being squeezed----It feels like cold ice on my brain---or my brain is swollen-------I once had post concussion syndrome and some of it that I remember is similar-----

Other times is more muscle tension-----I get it while I sleep----My R shoulder aches----Goes to the neck---Within minutes kinda like the spreading of a fire-----My head pounds---I have tinnitus and the ringing pulsates..
I also get the quick second stabbing pain-----A few times that has stayed-----Umm nothing worse or scarier than that---longest that lasted was about 35 minutes----Then my scalp was numb---

I have a hard time judging depth-----seeing double when I have my banger-----As I said----My doc is way over his head-------I have friends who go to headache clinics---Me?-----I suffer then occasionally get a script----And other times suffer till this big guy can't move and must be wheeled to the ER------Nice Docs Nice Help---
I also suffer from chronic severe headaches - have been for 2.5 yrs now. The only thing that makes them better now than at the onset is that I believe I've determined their origin!! The Neuro did not, the MRIs only showed degenerating cervical disks - pain patterns and severity did not seem to coorelate, PT did nothing, facet injections did not work, nerve blocks did not work, etc.

MYOFASCIAL TRIGGER POINTS - That's where I started to find information that made sense. Pain Referal Patterns mapped perfectly.

I'm thinking this information my be relevant especially in your case given that your headaches began following a surgical trama!

Given your MRI results & vision issues its likely there is more than one issue going on but - do not overlook the likelyhood of myofasical pain & trigger points! They can cause incredible amounts of pain - mine felt like someone had a cook's knife embedded in my head and would need to twist it periodically

Since your in Mass here are some resources ... Gary Perlmutter MGH Ortho Surgeon - Shoulder Spec.; Dr. Peter Saio - MGH Neuromuscular Diagnostic Center (or any of the docs there) to eval/rule out neuro causes for head pain; Erika Bourne - Myofasical Pain Treatment Center, Waltham. *system edit*

I'm right there with you on this - trust me - the thing you have going for you is you did injure yourself - me, I just worked myself into this condition putting in 60-70-80 hr weeks for years in an extremely high stress environment - now ... its all in my head according to the insurance paid "expert"

Always,
Katherine
Irishred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PJAMES (01-15-2009)