View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Keggy,

I am glad to hear that she is doing so well. Thank you for the update.

It does stink that her family is not supportive, but from my own experience with my husbands cancer I discovered that often family members end up frozen in fear and denial and they become useless to the cancer patient.

We got the most support from the chemo nurses and the chemo-center staff and our neighbors. Those were the people who saw us everyday.

Life long friends disappeared... neighbors who had been strangers became the best of friends - because the neighbors were the ones who were right there, seeing us daily, seeing what we needed and didn't need, helping me carry our groceries to the 3rd floor, helping to walk the dog, helping the ambulance crew carry my husband down 3 flights of stairs to the ambulance.

Before cancer, we barely even knew these neighbors. We knew their names and we would wave hello, but that was it. Now they are good friends, the type of friends that we will have for the rest of our lives.

Sorry to babble...

I am glad that your friend is doing well through chemo, and I hope she has continued success until the day she hears the magical words -- Full Remission

Take care,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote