View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Although it is still best to double check w/ the Dr. if you are on an antidepressant (can't stress that enough), I have heard through the grapevine, that taking L Trytophan occassionally for sleep while taking an antidepressant, is not likely an issue. However, some antidepressants might be more of an issue than others. Always good to double check w/ your Dr. (or pharmacist).

The one my DH and I like is by Bluebonnet. It says on the bottle "Pharmaceutical Grade," and gives me a little more comfort (due to the previous scare).

I take 1/2 of the capsule (usually). Others take the whole thing (500 mg). Our experience...very helpful for sleep...no side effects.

I'm not sure why, but this works better for me than Melatonin. I find that even 1 mg. can bother me...making me a little sleepy in the morning. I understand that you can find Melatonin now in fraction tablets...available at Life Extention (LEF)...which I am considering trying instead.

I do take plenty of B vitamins...I think they are helpful for my health and often recommend them to others.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote