View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hello lindkaye and Welcome scottiemom! I really agree w/so much that has been posted here. FM is such an unpredictable pain in the rear. (and everywhere else) I can tell when the weather is going to change before the Meteorologists!! I was dx'd by both a Neuro from Mayo and a Rheumy. The Rheumy treats my FM and seems very knowledgeable on the subject.

I hope you both continue your quest to treat the FM and that you can get some relief from the pain of it. I don't know about the other's, but cold, damp weather seems to make my flare ups more frequent and worse. And, don't get me started on the fatigue...

I take a couple of pm meds, so I can get to sleep and I have Tramadol on hand for pain. The Dr gave me an RX for Darvocet, but I don't like the way it makes me feel. Lyrica didn't help and I felt loopy on it, so stopped after a couple of wks, but I hear some people do OK on it.

I also agree w/what Doody said about depression and FM. I take Pristiq for the anxiety that I truly feel is a partial result of FM. I'm not so sure it's doing the job right now, as I have alot on my plate. Please keep searching and again Welcome!!!!

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-15-2009), warbelsnap (01-19-2009)