View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk RSD Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballpookie View Post
Hey you all,
I see everybody talks about the rsd diet and I don't know what it is. Can anyone help me? I would like to know what it is to see if it will help me as well. I am willing to try anything at least once to see if it helps. If it doesn't then I know what not to do. So please help me.

I also have another question. Can anyone explain in short form what HBOT is? If maybe it is something I can try to see if it helps with my pain. Thanks and you all take care.

Sincerely,
Tracy(screwballpookie)
Tracy, I hope this helps. Here's the copy I have. I picked this up on the interent,
All the best! Diana

RSD Diet Guidelines

Dr. Hooshmand states this diet isn't for losing or gaining weight. The purpose of this particular diet of his, is to exclude foods that are harmful to one's health and that aggravates chronic pain such as with RSD.

The Five C's you need to avoid are: cookies, cakes, chocolates, cocktails and Candy. Other foods that should be avoided are internal organ meats like: liver, sauage and hot dogs. There are certain foods that help the inhibitory nerve cells that suppress the pain input, and they are the Four F's: Fresh Fruit, Fresh Veggies, Fish and Fowl.

Four F's-

Fresh Fruit (not canned) Fresh Vegetables(Olive Oil is best to cook with) Fish-DOn't use margarine. Baked or broiled Fowl-Skinned. not fried.(baked, roasted or grilled is fine)

Foods that are allowed rarely or sparingly

Tea, Lamb, Pulp of potatoe

Foods To Avoid

Coffee, soft drink with sugar crystalline sugar ,Pies, Bologna, Salami, Hot Dogs, Sherbert ,Ice Cream, Enriched Flour(bleached) ,Syrups, Mayonnaise, All fried foods, Canned fruits packed in syrup, Candies, Bacon, or pork, Donuts, Margarine, Nondairy cream substitutes ,Alcohol, Cake Mixes ,Potato Chips, Dips ,Crisco & other shortenings(replace with olive oil), Lard, Sweetrolls and Cakes.

FOODS YOU CAN HAVE

Diet drinks(low to no sodium, no sugar or caffine) ,Nuts-salted & raw, Honey(natural) ,Skim Cheese, Apples, All Fresh Fruits, Unsweetened orange juice, Natural fresh squeezed orange or grapefruit juice ,Apple juice(natural), All Fresh Vegetables, Veal ,Chicken & Fowl(skinned) ,Lobster(no butter), Lean Roast Beef(moderation), Raisins ,Skim Milk, Tuna(packed in water). Drink 6-8 glasses water daily. Fruits(dried), Shrimp ,All Fish Cereals(low sugar , whole grain) Sardines Sweet Potatoe & skin Lowfat plain yogurt(add yoour own fruit), Lowfat cottage cheese, Oatmeal(plan and unflavored) ,Crab

here is the link to Dr Hoosmands Diet

http://www.rsdrx.com/four_f's_diet.htm
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote