View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lost one of my babies today

I am considered the crazy pet lady by many. I love all my pets and mourn each time I lose one of my dear friends. It has been almost a year since I have lost a pet.

I woke up this morning and went into feed the cats. ( they have their own bedroom ) Yes crazy pet lady! My cat Calypso aka Fat Cat was half way inside his tunnel and did not come out when I fed the others. I then went to feed the dogs and got into the shower.

When I got out of the shower Mya ( My Doxie) was whining and pacing outside the bathroom. When I came out she barked at me and walked towards the cats room. I went to get my coffee and ignored her. She kept coming to me and whining and going to the cats room.

Finally she stopped coming to me and stayed in the cat room whining like a baby. I went to see what was wrong and she was laying in the tube next to Fat Cat whining still.

As soon as I reached in the tube and touched Fat Cat I knew he was gone. I rescued him 13 years ago and he was around 3yrs old then. He had a long life and was happy. Geez how many cats have thier own room. He had his own bed and lived a good life with his kitty brothers and sisters and Mya his protector. Mya and I are a bit depressed today. But we were happy to have him as long as we did.

It never gets any easier. God Speed Calypso! We Love you!
Alffe (01-16-2009), braingonebad (01-19-2009), dahlek (01-19-2009), Doody (01-14-2009), doxiemama (01-14-2009), FranksAngel (01-19-2009), Lara (01-19-2009), Silverlady (01-20-2009)