View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy People are so flippin rude!!!!!

So I took my new pet to the vet today - she is a BIG girl - 53 lbs and emaciated, oh, and pregnant, and the vet who has known me my whole life, told me he was surprised @ how different I look!

I was always small before (5'5" and 110-125) so @ 140, people just flip when they see me! Still, I wouldn't comment on anyone's weight - no matter what!

I calmly told him about my MG and my steroids, he apologized and said he meant no disrespect, but I had always been too small before and now I look better - yeah......... right?!?

I do think he (the vet) suffers from a mild form of autism, cuz' he's always been a little off kilter, but it still bothered me.........do you think I'm being too sensitive? I never really cared about my appearance b/4, but now find myself looking in the mirror all the flippin time........stupid, huh?

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, gaining a bit of weight shouldn't be a big deal, it's just the way people respond to me now that bothers me.........

My new "little" girl will provide me with some excercise - she won't go inside - thank goodness and won't go on my back porch, so I'm going to be spending a lot more time outside, plus my sis is bringing over her treadmill for her, so she should be a lot more calm in the near future.........

Anyway - how do you guys handle it? Get a tougher skin? Insult someone? What do you think?

ERin