View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
I don't know anything about it, but just wanted to ask if they have MRI'd the knee?

I have the same issue, Cindy, and I think it was my very first clear symptom (my knee's buckled and I went down regularly). There hasn't been any pain YET, but I can imagine that after a while of doing this a person could cause additional damage.

Perhaps it is just a MS-strength issue at this point, but it might be worth checking if there is something "fixable" going on too.

Cherie
It's just the years of constant, unintentional stretching of the same muscles, a little farther, a little farther, a little farther... Like any muscle, every time it snaps back, it stretches a bit more. Since my leg is essentially dead weight now, I can't control it and it's to the point where it's practically bending backwards. The PT recognized it right away, he suggested the cage to me. I just wondered if anyone has tried one and whether it helps.

Sal, if we decide to go with one, they'll custom make it per a prescription. I think I'd be too chicken to just put anything on there without some guidance.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (01-15-2009), SallyC (01-14-2009), Twinkletoes (01-16-2009)