View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I hear ya!

Hey Kate!

I know it is annoying! Really really annoying! My sisters-in-laws have always been really, really big (over 300 lbs) and were always crappy to me and now they want to take trips with me - what a strange, strange world........

They always made catty remarks, or said I was bulimic cuz' I was the same way - could eat whatever I wanted with no problems..........jealousy, plain and simple.........

Some people get a sadistic pleasure watching others suffer - I just don;t understand that @ all........

Coming here always helps though! Everyone is so kind and understands exactly what we are going through.......sadly....sigh

You should see my new girl (pit bull mix)! She is so ugly that she is cute! She is a handful! Mike is talking about a surrogate mom (now he wants a baby) and I nixed that idea - way too old and tired to do that again!!!!! Just getting Dev through school is taking it's toll on me.....poor fella has a few learning disabilities that are making it quite hard for him......Wish I ould do more or make the pain go away...........he is mildly austistic, but comes across as really arrogant, when in reality he can be quite sensitive.......He loves the new dog, btw.....really loves her!

I am still nervous about having a pit bull mix in my home, so if we do find a good home, I've already promised him another BIG dog of his choice - lab hopefully........

MY 4 lb chihuahua attacked her (Lucky) today, and then pom went after her - I had the water bottle ready!!!!! It was fine, but just made me nervous! One bite and it's all over......

Lucky is amazing with people! You should have seen her @ the vet's! She was trying to give everyone kisses - but hated all the cats and big dogs......YIKES!!!!! You can tell she has been around small dogs, cuz' she is patient, but then again I've only have her 30 hours or so.........
People parted like Moses parted the red sea when they saw her - I would have done the same thing! LOL!!!!!!

Take care!
Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Hi Erin,

I have put on about 14kg(30pounds)since I've been on pred. I use to be the sort of person who could eat anything, and still be thin, mind you I did a lot of exercise to.

I saw a mother of a guy I use to go to school with and she said, "wow you've put on weight, you use to be so thin, you look good"
I was dumbfounded, I didn't know wether to be happy or annoyed. I thought, was I really that thin????? Now I just really don't care anymore, as I've come to the conclusion that at the moment its all beyond my controll. If I could I would be out excercising, but hey this is what life has handed me, so I TRY and deal with it. And when all else fails, and I'm having a bad day, I come here!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (01-15-2009)