View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fasciculation question and gastroparesis test!

I have a question for those who have widespread and multiple fasciculations!!

At one stage earlier in 2008 I was having between 20-30,000 fasciculations per day. Then after taking Folinic Acid (??co-incidence) they decreased significantly to a couple of hundred per day, then settled over the past few months to about 500 per day.

I have been trying to do some more exercise like bike riding and walking and have noticed that the fasciculations have increased again in the past couple of weeks, particularly in my legs and buttocks. They are almost continuous. Is it possible that this increase in fascics could be connected to the extra exertion of exercise?

Also today I had a Nuclear Gastric Emptying Test to assess the speed of gastric motility for possible Gastroparesis, among other things. Hopefully will get those results in the next few days. Also have to have a repeat Gastroscopy tomorrow to clarify some confusing stomach symptoms and results.

My stomach is awful at the moment, the burning skin and fascics aren't crash hot either. I am still not on any PN medications, even though my Neurologist says I can get them from my GP any time I feel I need them! I don't know whether I am tough or stupid or just not in enough pain yet!!!
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote