View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sleeping with steroids.

What is it, Thursday? Okay, I think it was Tuesday I went to the pain doc and told him what was up with me.

I was waking up several times a night, the pain was so bad. Sometimes, and I hate to admit it but I'd be in tears. I wasn't even making it upstairs to bed, but sleeping on the couch. This has been going on since Christmas.

Anyhoo he gave me a dose pack of methyl prednisolone, 6 days. I started yesterday. Last couple times I used these, I got sooooo sleepy, and this time, same thing. I'd eat and take a dose, then take a 4 hr nap. Still pretty much slept thru the night.

Plus I don't think they make em like they used to, they seem really soft. They stick to your tongue and come undone in your mouth before you can swallow em - yuck!

Gives me a stomach ache.

Oh well, at least I'm sleeping.

Oh, and dh got his lay-off call today. He still had to go in, for training (how stupid is that? It's -8!) plus he's going to fill in for someone who called off.

Some of those guys are never going to get called back, and we don't know who or how many at this point. They are shutting down the entire Walbridge yard, last I heard. This has not happened in about 20 yrs - I think it was actually Stanley they shut down then, and only a couple weeks. They don't know how long Walbridge will be moth balled.

The railroaders do not pay into unemployment, so they do not collect, but they do get a small daily pay from their union. Fortunately, there's a rule that the layed off guys are called first to fill in for call-offs.

Dh wants to wait it out, however long it takes, to be called back. People will retire. Also, when the auto industry starts moving again, so will the rails. I support his decision and hope for the best, for all of them.
Debbie D (01-15-2009), DM (01-15-2009), Ivy2 (01-15-2009), Kitty (01-15-2009), sabimax (01-18-2009), SallyC (01-15-2009), soxmom (01-16-2009), tovaxin_lab_rat (01-15-2009)