View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default LP

Hey,

What you are experiencing is a low pressure headache which occurs when CSF has been taken from the spinal cord which connects to the brain. Now when a lot of fluid is taken out your brain needs A LOT of fluids to help it float nicely in your head so to speak. So, what I suggest is that you stay lying down but drink PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of water and slowly start to sit up and then slowly start to walk BUT, if this carries on and gets worse for a couple of days then go to the hospital they will hook you up to a intravenous machine which will send fluid straight through your blood stream. This happened to me when I got my Lumbar Puncture done and I went home that day only to come back the very next day and then had to be kept on intravenous fluids for 3 days. Best of luck with this but trust me drink tons of water and I mean constantly but if it becomes too painful and you can hardly walk n such then go straight to the hospital even if the ambulance has to come and get you cause I could hardly even sit up in the car so I needed the ambulance to pick me up so I could walk anyway mail me if you want if you would like more on this. By the way, if you do not mind me asking, what reason did you have to get a LP for?
Leemarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote