View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ? about chiropractors

Hello to all,

I haven't been able to post in quite some time but I read your stories often and keep you in my prayers. Last year, my husband, who is such a dear soul, was diagnosed with cancer and all my efforts were put toward cancer research and finding him the best doctors. The same month he was diagnosed, both my elderly parents became critically ill and were not expected to pull through. Just when it seemed that things could not get any worse, my beautiful 13 year old pomeranian died in my arms. So, you can understand why I haven't been around. But, it's a new year and things are looking a little better. My husband had surgery and is currently in remission, my Dad moved in with us and is surprising us all. Sadly, my Mom, is clinging to life and is not expected to be with us much longer. But, I've no doubt that God will give me the strength to endure what comes.
Today is the third anniversary of the fall that resulted in my rsd. I've reached the conclusion that I will not be getting any better. I have tried all the standard treatments..pt,nerve blocks, and a host of at least 20 different meds. Nothing has been able to dull the pain enough so that I could walk for more than 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I have a leg brace and cane for short distances and a wheelchair for longer distances. I recently stopped all my meds as they were not doing what I needed them to do. While I'm not expecting a miracle, I have read that chiropractors are supposed to be able to help reduce the pain of RSD. None in my area even know what rsd is which leads me to my question. Does anyone here know of a chiropractor in the state of Connecticut or know where I might find that info? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and I'm so sorry I haven't been able to write sooner....Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (01-15-2009), Twinkletoes (01-15-2009)